For individuals with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy or other stable Cardiac Patients that live in the Toronto area, Sarah offers personal training at her Wellness by design studio or in-home. Sarah takes into consideration the fitness limitations placed upon cardiac patients, customizing a program to meet their individual needs. Sarah’s programs provide:
1. Safe and Effective Exercises for HCM Patients: Tailored to any age and ability and conform to the guidelines for activities for HCM patients. Designed to ensure participants do not activate a fight or flight reaction in the body and encourage effective fitness progressions. Sarah will closely communicate with the patients physician to ensure customized care and consideration.
2. Postural Correction: Sitting for long periods and/or have daily stressors’ can lead to postural imbalances. These imbalances can decrease well-being and lead to many common musculoskeletal challenges. Sarah works to promote good postural alignment.
3. Flexibility: Optimal flexibility allows for ease of movement, promotes proper posture and avoids or eliminates the potential for injury.
4. Stability: Core Stability creates a solid foundation for each movement. Without it bodies are unable to stabilize, making exercise challenging and inviting injury and dysfunction.
5. Muscular Endurance and Strength: Resistance training is required to improve metabolism for optimal weight management, enhance the ability to complete activities of daily living with strength and endurance, while improving energy and well-being.
6. Cardiovascular Exercise: Helps improve cardiovascular health and increases powerful well-being dependent, endorphin levels.
7. Relaxation and Breathing Techniques: Rest and relaxation are necessary to renew and restore muscle function, enhance the ability to cope with stress while promoting well-being in mind, body and spirit.
Individual Personal Training Sessions – available at her studio – Wellness by design for $135/per 60 minute session or in-home for $160/per 60 minute session.