For individuals with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy or other stable Cardiac Patients that live in the Toronto area, Sarah offers personal training within your home or at Fusion Health Studio. Sarah takes into consideration the fitness limitations placed upon cardiac patients, customizing a program to meet their individual needs. Sarah’s programs provide:
1. Safe and Effective Exercises for HCM Patients: Tailored to any age and ability and conform to the guidelines for activities for HCM patients. Designed to ensure participants do not activate a fight or flight reaction in the body and encourage effective fitness progressions. Sarah will closely communicate with the patients physician to ensure customized care and consideration.
2. Postural Correction: Sitting for long periods and/or have daily stressors’ can lead to postural imbalances. These imbalances can decrease well-being and lead to many common musculoskeletal challenges. Sarah works to promote good postural alignment.
3. Flexibility: Optimal flexibility allows for ease of movement, promotes proper posture and avoids or eliminates the potential for injury.
4. Stability: Core Stability creates a solid foundation for each movement. Without it bodies are unable to stabilize, making exercise challenging and inviting injury and dysfunction.
5. Muscular Endurance and Strength: Resistance training is required to improve metabolism for optimal weight management, enhance the ability to complete activities of daily living with strength and endurance, while improving energy and well-being.
6. Cardiovascular Exercise: Helps improve cardiovascular health and increases powerful well-being dependent, endorphin levels.
7. Relaxation and Breathing Techniques: Rest and relaxation are necessary to renew and restore muscle function, enhance the ability to cope with stress while promoting well-being in mind, body and spirit.
Individual Personal Training Sessions – available in home for $150/per 60 minute session or at Fusion Health Studio for $125/per 60 minute session.